Boots

Boots

Monday 26 August 2013

New week



Isn't it funny how many people share Garfield's hate for Mondays?  What is it about Mondays anyway?  Personally, I think people are just a wee bit lazy and hate to look ahead to a another week of work. :)  I was thinking of some verses to encourage you in the new week.  Here they are.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever..  (Psalm 23:6)  God's goodness and mercy are the same always - even on Mondays.

Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.  (Psalm 39:4)  Life is too short and too frail to spend it in hate and dread of Mondays.


Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.  (Amos 9:13)  God wants to bless your day and make it fruitful.  Don't stand in the way because you don't like the name of the day.
For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.  (2 Corinthians 6:2)  Today is the day of Salvation - God's mercy is the same everyday.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God (1 John 3:1)  And always remember that no matter how you feel whether it be about Mondays or anything else, God always - ALWAYS -  loves you.
So there you have it.  Use your day to the greater glory of God and remember Him in all things..  May He give you the grace to succeed and be fruitful in what you do.  God made us to work for six days and rest for one, so get at it with rigor and vigor! I hope this gave you the pick-up you need for today. :)  May the Lord bless your entire week.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the lousy paragraphing guys! For some reason, it won't save. Hopefully it still makes sense! :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete