Boots

Boots

Saturday 5 October 2013

Holiday!

Ariel shot of our camping spot - nice, huh???
Well, it is the long weekend in Australia.  I'm not quite sure what this one is for, but I'm happy to take it anyway!  :)  Sorry if this post comes across a bit vague and disjointed, but it is only ten minutes past six on Saturday morning.  I have been up for a while with a stuffy nose and baby Annie who decided to start yell at about quarter to six.  So, being the wonderful daughter that I am, ( :D) I thought I would let Mum sleep in.  Unfortunately, Annie woke Rose up, so now Mum is up and I have Rose on my knee asking me what I am doing and why I typing and so forth.  (Honestly, the child will make a perfect 21st century female Socrates one day! :)  )  Now she is asking me if I am nearly finished.  Ahhhhh.....

We are going for a bit of a getaway next week.  Next weekend  is our church's family camp so we are going early and spending the week.  We love our camping spot as we aren't really big on roughing it - we still need a bathroom, bedrooms, a bed for each person, and fro heaven sakes - give us a kitchen so we can make pancakes for breakfast and lasagne for dinner!  We are also known for taking our coffee machine and milk-frother to camp.  :)   (Now Rose is singing,  "If you're happy and you know it, stick out your tongue...  If you're happy and you know it, do it like this. *collapses faint against my shoulder* )  So anyway, we are very much looking forward to our holiday.  On the Saturday night of camp, our church has a talent concert.  We kids are doing two skits - Grace, Joy, Elise and James are doing one about Charles II sentencing a man who stole and destroyed the crown jewels, and Jess and I are doing a skit in which Mozart and Beethoven are arguing over who was the greatest composer that ever lived.  They are both really funny.  I'll see if I can arrange for them to be videoed so you can see them!  :)

So that's that.  I may get another post in before we go away, but when I don't make any noise for about a week, you'll know where I am!  :)

Have a great weekend and a terrific week next week.  :)

Love in Christ,

Emily

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clare! I'm sure we will. :) Have a great weekend. :)

      Delete