Boots

Boots

Saturday 7 June 2014

More Books

A bit over a week ago, I wrote a post on a list of books I intend to read.  That intention has not changed, merely grown.  :)

Yesterday, I went to the library.  I know - prep the doom music.  :P  Sometimes, I have dismal days at the library, because I can't find anything that looks worth reading.  Yesterday was not one of those days.  Here is part two of my book list that I will hopefully finish before my allotted six week loan is up.  :P



  • Utopian Man by Lisa Lang
  • North and South by John Jakes
  • Twelve Years A Slave by Solomon Northup
  • Sunset Ridge by Nicole Alexander


So that is my extended list - don't be surprised if it happens again.  ;)   I also plan to read the How to Train Your Dragon books because we are struggling to find good books for James (9) that interest him.  They look pretty good, so I'm going to pre-read them, and if they are alright, we will get them for his birthday.  I have read the back of the covers and am actually really looking forward to reading them as they look like a funny, light read.


I hope you are having a splendid weekend.  We have a few jobs to do over the next few days.  Dad and a couple of the others will be painting the lounge room, which we are rather excited about.  Mum, Ally and I (and whoever else isn't painting :P) will be sorting out the games/activity cupboard.  Because the cupboard sits in a nooky little niche (descriptive, ain't I???)  and is adjacent to us girl's bed room, we are hoping to be able to convert the cupboard into a built-in/walk-in wardrobe.  But it has to be sorted and cleaned first, which will be a job and a half in itself.  


Have a fantastic, blessed weekend, and if you live in Australia, have a wonderful blessed long weekend!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment