Boots

Boots

Thursday 14 August 2014

Training and Mission Grounds

Just now, as I sat in the lounge room with my laptop, it suddenly occurred to me: my blog is a year old.  Fancy that!  It's amazing how time flies, even when you feel like you haven't been doing much.

Not that I haven't been doing anything, but sometimes the little everyday things can add up to nothingness because they are everyday, you forget about the little things that make up your life and how each in their own way - with the people you love - they make the emotions and the memories that stay with you forever.  If you were to ask me what I have been doing, I would probably answer something along the lines of, "Not much - maths, chemistry, biology, literature, modern history, online drivers tests (yes - I'm still trying to achieve the five perfects in a row!) and just everyday life stuff."  It doesn't sound particularly exciting.  I wake up every morning and painfully try to open my eyes with the thought I have to get up - but I don't want to do everything again!  Once I'm into it, though, it doesn't seem nearly as bad.  (With the exception perhaps of biology. Blergh!  I'd just as soon leave that out, but if I am heading to a future in doula-naturopathy, I guess it is something I will have to learn!)

It is easy to wish these days away - and I am ashamed to say I have done it many times.  We can be encouraged, however, for we know that nothing happens without purpose and that God is constantly guiding our lives, molding and shaping us to who He wants us to be.

 "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the lord rejoices to see the work begin..." (Zechariah 4:10) 


He rejoices over the work He begins in you!  And what's more, we read in Philippians that the work begun inside of us will be completed until Jesus returns, for the work that is inside of you is far richer, far more valuable and far more important than the work you achieve throughout your life.  I firmly believe (even if I struggle with it myself) that everything in life, especially the mundane things that you really hate, are God's training ground for us.  He is building up the character in us that reflects Christ so that we will be ready for the ultimate work He has for us in our lives.

But guess what!  God also believes in learning on the job.  That's right!  Where you are now is just as much God's work for you as the 'ultimate task' He is building you up for!  I have dreams of being a doula but I believe my ultimate task is someday to be a wife and a mother of many children.  I believe adoption is in my future and training and homeschooling my children will be a main mission field.  But right now, my job is to serve and minister to my immediate family.  Not only to I get the privilege of inputting into their lives, but it is a training ground for the 'one day'.  

Trust God!  He knows what he is doing and will direct your life if you submit to His will and allow Him to shape you.  It's not easy - I know that, but I have also learned that it is so worth it to let go and let God.  I pray you will have peace throughout your life's journey and contentment where God leads you... He loves you and will never forsake you... I can't express everything I am trying to convey, so I'll let God do that for me.  :)   This is one of my favourite Psalms - I pray it will bless you richly and eternally.  :)

Psalm 91


He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say of the Lord“He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9Because you have made the Lordwho is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”


No comments:

Post a Comment