Boots

Boots

Thursday 26 February 2015

A Beautiful Hymn

Recently, my sisters and I have been really enjoying discovering some of those old hymns that one does not hear so readily these days.  We attend an Assemblies of God church, now called Australian Christian Churches and so we tend to do more up-beat music from Hillsong, Planetshakers and Bethel Music.  But some of the old hymns are absolute gems!  With the piano, violin and singing in a few parts, they really come to life.  One that we love at the moment is "He Touched Me".  Planetshakers did a rendition of this beautiful song recently.  It is based on Daniel 10:

17 For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.

18 Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,

19 And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.




Isn't that beautiful???  The full hymn says:

Shackled by a heavy burden,
'Neath a load of guilt and shame.
Then the hand of Jesus touched me,
And now I am no longer the same.

He touched me, Oh He touched me,
And oh the joy that floods my soul!
Something happened and now I know,
He touched me and made me whole.

Since I met this blessed Savior,
Since He cleansed and made me whole,
I will never cease to praise Him,
I'll shout it while eternity rolls.

He touched me, Oh He touched me,
And oh the joy that floods my soul!
Something happened and now I know
He touched me and made me whole.




And now I have some exciting news... that is... I think it is exciting!  ^_^   *Drumroll*


I have asked some lovely readers of Amity to write a guest post each!!!  I'm really excited about this as I read their blogs (those who have a blog!) and I know that whatever they write will be beautiful and inspiring.  I don't know when they will be posted but stay posted for when they are.  (Sorry - bad pun!  XD)

Wishing you all a wonderfully blessed weekend.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I like that song. I have played it before on the piano too. :) I look forward to reading the guest posts that you will be posting. :)
    Love in Christ,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful hymn! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete